deploy application depending on location of computer SCCM 2012

//deploy application depending on location of computer SCCM 2012
deploy application depending on location of computer SCCM 2012 2016-05-28T11:46:26+00:00

The Toolkit Forums Deployment Scripts deploy application depending on location of computer SCCM 2012

• Author
    Participant
    #1369 |

Hello to all,

The problem i am facing is:
    Created MSI deployment in the ” PSDeployment Toolkit” then there is an extra copy action. place 2 shorcuts into the folder C:\appdata\microsoft\wondows\startmenu.

The first action “install MSI” is no problem, however the second action seems not to work.
    I would like to place the 2 shortcuts in the startmenu sould also be no problem however, the tricky part is:
    It should be a shortcut depending on the location of the computer.

What I have tried is:
    $computer=Get-WmiObject -class Win32_Computersystem
    if ($computer.name -like (“*PC1*”)) {
    Copy-file -path “$dirSupportFiles\program1 – lacation1.lnk” -destination “C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\My Applications\program” -recurse }
    elseif ($computer -like (“*PC2*”)) {
    Copy-file -Path “$dirSupportFiles\program2 – location2.lnk” -destination “C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\My Applications\program” -recurse }

the shortcuts not copy to the machine it should
    seems to work only when I use it local.
    Also the command: $Computer=[System.Environment]::Machinename is not working.

what do I miss here?
    I am using the PSappdeploy toolkit as “application” in SCCM 2012

• Pierrick
    Participant

Jan,

You have an issue related to your $computer variable. Despite the fact that I don’t really understand the concept of “location” with your programs, the Task Sequence do not seems to rely with your computer name.

Do you work in a WinPE OS ? So, use the following command lines to avoid that your script will looking for machinename inside the WinPE OS.
    $tsenv = New-Object -COMObject Microsoft.SMS.TSEnvironment
    $tsenv.Value(‘OSDComputerName’)

Do you work directly on the operating system during the Task Sequence ?
    Prefer to use $env:COMPUTERNAME

• Jan
    Participant

Thank you very much Pierick,

I wil try the $env:computername..

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.