Deploy-Application.exe Install Interactive not working when running

//Deploy-Application.exe Install Interactive not working when running
Deploy-Application.exe Install Interactive not working when running 2017-03-08T14:26:26+00:00

The Toolkit Forums General Deploy-Application.exe Install Interactive not working when running

• Author
    Participant
    #2015 |

Hello,

I have a very specific scenario where I need to run an Application Installation from a Scheduled Task if certain criteria is met.

So not via SCCM or similar software.

The Scheduled Task runs with a different account (domain admin), so not as the currently logged on user.
    The problem I’m facing is that the application cannot be run in Interactive Mode.

When I run the Deploy-Application.exe with the same paramteters as the logged on user, it works. Also works when running the Scheduled Task as that user.
    But running it as a different user doesn’t display anything.

Error I’m getting in the log file:

[Pre-Installation] :: Error Record:
    ————-

Message : Exception calling “ShowDialog” with “0” argument(s): “Showing a modal dialog box
    or form when the application is not running in UserInteractive mode is not a vali
    d operation. Specify the ServiceNotification or DefaultDesktopOnly style to displ
    ay a notification from a service application.”
    InnerException : System.InvalidOperationException: Showing a modal dialog box or form when the app
    lication is not running in UserInteractive mode is not a valid operation. Specify
    the ServiceNotification or DefaultDesktopOnly style to display a notification fr
    om a service application.
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner)
    at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Object )

FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvalidOperationException
    ScriptStackTrace : at Show-InstallationPrompt<Process>, \\server1\appsources$\Applications\So
    ftware\AppDeployToolkit\AppDeployToolkitMain.ps1: line 1576
    at <ScriptBlock>, \\server1\appsources$\Applications\Software\Depl
    oy-Application.ps1: line 117
    at <ScriptBlock>, <No file>: line 1
    at <ScriptBlock>, <No file>: line 1

PositionMessage : At \\server1\appsources$\Applications\Software\AppDeployToolkit\AppDeplo
    yToolkitMain.ps1:1576 char:5
    + $result = $formInstallationPrompt.ShowDialog()
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Error Inner Exception(s):
    ————————-

Message : Showing a modal dialog box or form when the application is not running in UserInt
    eractive mode is not a valid operation. Specify the ServiceNotification or Defaul
    tDesktopOnly style to display a notification from a service application.
    InnerException :

• This topic was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by  Aldin.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.