Execute-MSI – Transform showing when not set

//Execute-MSI – Transform showing when not set
Execute-MSI – Transform showing when not set 2018-04-13T20:17:24+00:00

The Toolkit Forums General Execute-MSI – Transform showing when not set

• Author
    Participant

Howdy,

I have a script I have written which is using 2 variables in the Parameter area. There is no Transform set in the command line. Yet it appears to be setting a transform in the command.

How do I make it so the Transform is not set in the command line?

Command Line:

Execute-MSI -Action ‘Install’ -Path xx.msi’ -Parameters $Parm1 $Parm2 ‘REBOOT=ReallySuppress /QB’

Log (Line which reports the msi action);

##<![LOG[[Installation] :: Executing \16.2\Package\Files\xx.msi” TRANSFORMS=”Parm2″ TRANSFORMSSECURE=1 REBOOT=ReallySuppress /QB Parm1/L*v “C:\WINDOWS\Temp\xx.log”]…]LOG]!><time=”14:30:46.935-240″ date=”04-05-2018″ component=”Execute-Process” context=”AdminUID” type=”1″ thread=”5172″ file=”Deploy-Application.ps1″>

• Brian
    Participant

With Execute-MSI use -AddParameters instead of -Parameters

• Scott
    Participant

I have tried this command line

Parameters not part of the quotes

Command line in the script;
    Execute-MSI -Action ‘Install’ -Path xx.msi’ -AddParameters $Parm1 $Parm2 ‘REBOOT=ReallySuppress /QB’

With these results; (There should not be any transform set in the command line as shown in the log)

Executing [C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe /i “xx.msi” TRANSFORMS=”Value of Parm2″ TRANSFORMSSECURE=1 REBOOT=ReallySuppress /QB Value of Parm1 /L*v “xx_Install.log”]

Parameters set inside the quotes

Command line in the script;

Execute-MSI -Action ‘Install’ -Path xx.msi’ -AddParameters ‘$Parm1 $Parm2 REBOOT=ReallySuppress /QB’

With these results (The Parameters are not getting set as the value);

![LOG[[Installation] :: Executing [C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe /i “\xx.msi” REBOOT=ReallySuppress /QB-! $Parm1 $Parm2 REBOOT=ReallySuppress /QB /L*v “C:\WINDOWS\Temp\xx.log”]…]LOG]!><time=”13:01:21.504-240″ date=”04-17-2018″ component=”Execute-Process” context=”AdmUser” type=”1″ thread=”3108″ file=”Deploy-Application.ps1″>

If I set the command line in the script with the actual values and it works ok. But I want to use the variables for there are a number of them I need to set up.

I also have a number of applications I want to use this process with, so this is pretty important for me to get this figured out.

Thanks

• Brian
    Participant

Why are you adding REBOOT and QB parameters? Theses are implied when using Deploy-Application.exe Install

On page 41:
    Install default is: “REBOOT=ReallySuppress /QB”!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.