I need help with Execute-MSI and adding public properties

//I need help with Execute-MSI and adding public properties
I need help with Execute-MSI and adding public properties 2017-07-26T17:47:21+00:00

The Toolkit Forums General I need help with Execute-MSI and adding public properties

• Author
    Participant
    #2213 |

In powershell I can get this to work
    Start-Process -FilePath C:\Users\jarchiba\Downloads\Brava\PSAppDeployToolkit_v3.6.9\Toolkit\Files\msiexec -ArgumentList (‘/QB /I C:\Users\jarchiba\Downloads\Brava\PSAppDeployToolkit_v3.6.9\Toolkit\Files\bravadesktop_16.2.0.288.msi INSTALLDIR=C:\ALLE_Eng_Apps\IGC_Brava_OpenText’)

If I try a few add parameters, they public properties are overlooked
    Execute-MSI -Action ‘Install’ -Path ‘bravadesktop_16.2.0.288.msi’ -Parameters ‘/QN’ -AddParameters ‘INSTALLDIR=c:\alle_eng_apps\IGC_Brava_OpenText’

Any help is appreciated

• keijorin
    Participant

Try this:

Execute-MSI -Action ‘Install’ -Path ‘bravadesktop_16.2.0.288.msi’ -Parameters ‘/QN INSTALLDIR=c:\alle_eng_apps\IGC_Brava_OpenText’

• J
    Participant

Thanks for checking this!
    I had to comment out all for Handle Zero-Config MSI Installations to get -AddParameters to work.
    ## Handle Zero-Config MSI Installations
    ## This section Commented Out for testing Allegion Brava MSI Install
    #If ($useDefaultMsi) {
    # [hashtable]$ExecuteDefaultMSISplat = @{ Action = ‘Install’; Path = $defaultMsiFile }; If ($defaultMstFile) { $ExecuteDefaultMSISplat.Add(‘Transform’, $defaultMstFile) }
    # Execute-MSI @ExecuteDefaultMSISplat; If ($defaultMspFiles) { $defaultMspFiles | ForEach-Object { Execute-MSI -Action ‘Patch’ -Path $_ } }
    #}
    #
    ## <Perform Installation tasks here>
    ########################################################################################################
    #
    Execute-MSI -Action ‘Install’ -Path ‘bravadesktop_16.2.0.288.msi’ -AddParameters ‘INSTALLDIR=c:\alle_eng_apps\Brava’
    #

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.