Microsoft DirectAccess Connectivity Assistant Tool 2.0

//Microsoft DirectAccess Connectivity Assistant Tool 2.0
Microsoft DirectAccess Connectivity Assistant Tool 2.0 2016-01-06T22:54:13+00:00

The Toolkit Forums Deployment Scripts Microsoft DirectAccess Connectivity Assistant Tool 2.0

• Author
    Participant
    #979 |

Hello,

First time posting here.

I am trying to deploy the DirectAccess Connectivity Assistant Tool 2.0 and I am having issues. Deploying the standalone .msi from SCCM was problematic (I don’t exactly remember why) so I ended up going with the following logic in a stand package …

“wusa.exe dcu.exe /quiet /norestart”

In the above example, dcu.exe is extracted from the application .msi.

I am using the Toolkit because I am uninstalling the 1.5 version of the application prior to installing the newer version. I tried using the standalone .msi from within the Toolkit and, even with the /qn switch, it still forces a reboot.

I then tried the following logic …
    Execute-Process -FilePath “wusa.exe” -Parameters “$dirFiles\Dca.msu /quiet /norestart”

But upon execution, it only brings up the wusa.exe extension menu as if I used the /help switch.

Any ideas to get this to work?

Thanks,
    Shelby

• Shelby
    Participant

At the advice on another thread found HERE I attempted the following logic unsuccessfully …

Execute-Process -FilePath “wusa.exe” -Parameters “/s /f1^”$dirFiles\Dca.msu /quiet /norestart^””

• Tim
    Participant

My guess is its because wherever Dca.msu is stored that path has a space in it.

I’m struggling with this as well, because it’s getting passed to the command prompt and terminating at the space in the pathway.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.