PierrickParticipantJanuary 15, 2016 at 10:39 amPost count: 15
Microsoft has released the OneDrive Next Generation (Build 17.3.6281.1202) in order to replace Groove, the built-in syncing tool for Office 2013. Therefore, there is no automatic deployment for it and you have to script and deploy it with GPO/SCCM.
PSAppDeployToolkit was my choice and I used the default template.
My script does the next steps :
– Unsync the user’s library (clear OneDrive caches from %LocalAppData% without deleting any personals datas)
– Disable the Groove process (rename Groove.exe to Groove.exe.OLD, which is totally impactless)
– Silent install OneDrive NG
– Auto-launch OneDrive NG in the Business configuration (don’t forget to change your Tenant ID in the 3rd part of the script)
As far as, two scenariis :
– User already synced with Groove and will not be prompted to enter his account (O365)
– User never used Groove and is prompted to enter his UPN’s account (UPN format for SSO)
The last case is not handled by Microsoft to use a proper SSO, just like Groove did. User has to enter firstname.lastname@example.org
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.