Pin to taskbat

//Pin to taskbat
Pin to taskbat 2016-09-10T16:59:52+00:00

The Toolkit Forums General Pin to taskbat

• Author
    Participant
    #1615 |

Hi,

Is it possible with PSADT to pin to taskbar but only for the default user? Not I would like not applying the change to everyone, just the new users?

Is it possible doing the samething with registry key so applying to HKU\ntuser.dat (default user profile)?

• Seán Lillis
    Keymaster

Use Set-PinnedApplication to pin to taskbar. AFAIK, you can’t pin to task bar using a reg mod, so you won’t be able to do this just for the default user.

To set a registry key only for the default user;

Invoke-HKCURegistrySettingsForAllUsers -RegistrySettings -UserProfiles (Get-UserProfiles | Where { $_.NTAccount -eq “Default User” })

• Rob
      Participant

Wow I loved this option, but…. I getting the following error with Windows 10 Enterprise, 2015 LTSB 10240

Command:
      Set-PinnedApplication -Action ‘PintoStartMenu’ -FilePath “$envProgramFilesX86\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe”

Error:
      [06-14-2017 16:07:45.892] [Installation] [Invoke-Verb] :: Performing action [Choose default app] is not programatically supported for this file [C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe].

Any suggestions, please and thanks.

• Francois
      Participant

I am not aware of the suggested option. However, if you enumarate in a text file all existing profiles… Then use a set-activesetup and check if the process is a new one from the text file.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.