Remove the "Continue" option in the InstallationWelcome Screen.

//Remove the "Continue" option in the InstallationWelcome Screen.
Remove the "Continue" option in the InstallationWelcome Screen. 2015-05-26T13:59:17+00:00

The Toolkit Forums General Remove the "Continue" option in the InstallationWelcome Screen.

• Author
    Participant
    #251 |

The prompt gives you the option to ‘Close programs’ (that need to be closed for the installation to run successfully), ‘Defer’ (up to 3 times) and ‘Continue’ (which you’d hit after you closed what was needed to be closed). My question is, can you edit the code to completely remove the ‘Continue’ option? Or is that so deeply imbedded as it’s such a standard button, that I am going to be causing a lot of grief trying?
    We have a lot of people in our company and while installing some new software certain running processes have to be closed. The easy ones like IE and Word can be done simply by hitting the “X” in the corner like 99% of our employees will do. Software like Lync is another story and I know the second this is deployed our support will get 1000 calls of “I closed Lync, hit continue but its still telling me to close Lync!”
    SO, I want to only give the option to close programs or defer. Can I remove the Continue button all together??

Please help

• Rasmus
    Participant

Hey!

I’d also like to now about above. I can imagine users getting confused about this one. Is there an easy way to remove the “Continue” button?

Br,
    Rasmus

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.