Run a command if Application is deferred

//Run a command if Application is deferred
Run a command if Application is deferred2018-01-18T16:57:36+00:00

The Toolkit Forums Deployment Scripts Run a command if Application is deferred

• Author
    Participant

Hello,

Is it possible to have the deploy kit run a command if a user defers an application install.

I have an an SCCM Application deployment, and am using:
    Show-InstallationWelcome -CloseApps ‘Firefox,iexplore,chrome’ -BlockExecution -AllowDefer -DeferTimes 10 -DeferDeadline ’12/31/2017 18:00:00′ -CloseAppsCountdown 600

I’d like to add a RUNONCE registry key to run the app installation at startup if the user defers then reboots their computer.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris

• Ronny
    Participant

Hi Chris, did you find a solution for this. Would like to do something similar.

• Chris
      Participant

Hi Ronny,

Sorry for taking so long to reply.

No, I did not find an answer to this before my self-imposed deadline. So I ended up modifying the Deploy-Application.ps1 script to:

1) Copy the app deploy package to a folder in C:\Windows\Temp
      2) Create a scheduled task at first user login to run Deploy-Application.ps1
      3) If the script is NOT deferred, then the temp copy and the scheduled task are deleted at the end of the script being run from the SCCM package.
      4) If it IS deferred, the scheduled task launches the install script when the user logs back in to a fresh session.

Seems to be working for my purposes. Hope this helps. Can provide code if you like 🙂

Best,

Chris

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.