Unsure of where to post this, issue with toolkit variable $envCommonPrograms

//Unsure of where to post this, issue with toolkit variable $envCommonPrograms
Unsure of where to post this, issue with toolkit variable $envCommonPrograms 2017-09-22T18:14:01+00:00

The Toolkit Forums General Unsure of where to post this, issue with toolkit variable $envCommonPrograms

• Author
    Participant
    #2304 |

I was trying to use the $envCommonPrograms as documented in the PSAppDeploymentToolkitAdminGuide. However I was unable to get it to work.

I looked into the 3.6.9 AppDeployToolkitMain and noticed that it was absent. When comparing 3.6.8 to 3.6.9 I noticed it was renamed – from $envCommonPrograms in 3.6.8 to $envCommonStartMenuPrograms in 3.6.9.

Would like to ask that if this change was intentional that the PSAppDeploymentToolkitAdminGuide be updated to reflect it.

Thanks so much! Really love the PSADT!

• Jim
    Participant
  • Kyle
    Participant

Perfect! Must have missed it, thanks!

Would still like to see it updated in the guide someday however, as I do refer to it and refer others to it.

Thanks again!

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Kyle.
  • JT-65
    Participant

The 3.6.9 Administrator Guide I downloaded last week reflects the change.

• Kyle
    Participant

I just redownloaded the PSADT, version 3.6.9. It comes with admin guide version 3.6.8 with the variable still wrong.

May I ask where you got yours from? What version is it? Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

• JT-65
    Participant

I’m sure I found it here, https://github.com/PSAppDeployToolkit/PSAppDeployToolkit/blob/master/PSAppDeploymentToolkitAdminGuide.docx, but this is not the 3.6.10 documentation.

• Kyle
    Participant

Thanks! Looks like this is for release 6.6.10 which hasn’t been released for stable testing yet(?) but i am glad to see that it is fixed the newer version.

Problem solved, thanks

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.